Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day Twenty-one: Still not on track...

but I will get there. I guess I didn’t really expect to be. The only exercise I managed to get done today was marching up and down stairs doing a ton of laundry - both to catch up and keep up with my little boy being sick. Antibiotics are good for what they’re for, but man do they make my baby miserable. Hopefully it won’t take three weeks to get him back to normal like it does when he takes amoxycillian. There’s a reason I try to avoid amoxycillian with my baby. In any case - laundry and dog walking was my only real exercise today. Plus, I snacked too much. Things aren’t as settled as I wish they were - but given the last two weeks, I think we’re doing all right.

Perspective is important in any plan. Yes, this getting healthy stuff is important to me and it’s something I need to do, but there are times (even weeks) where the schedule/mood/health whatever just doesn’t make it possible to do it right. You (meaning I) can’t get discouraged about it, just try again the next day. Or the next.

I tried another recipe from that skinny crockpot cookbook. The Moroccan Lamb recipe. Now, having done two recipes from that book, I’m pretty sure this bland blah thing is a pattern. So, I may use the book for basics, getting everything put together and working out the calorie numbers but it definitely needs some spicing up. If I ever make the lamb again - it will be heavier on the spice. I’ve got the nose for spice and flavor usually (though every cook will sometimes make something that just is blah, I’ve been pretty lucky so far). I don’t know that I would recommend this particular cookbook for someone with a preference for rich or bold flavors - I haven’t seen any just yet. I will say, it has some great looking ideas, I just don’t care for how bland everything has turned out so far. Maybe I’ll have better luck with the next recipe, maybe not. Though, from now on, I won’t hesitate to make changes or additions as smell and taste dictate.

On to tomorrow - a new day, a new chance, and hopefully a brighter one.

No comments:

Post a Comment