Monday, January 16, 2012

Day Sixteen: Some Recipes need Tweaked.

And some routines do too.


Apparently, posting on weekends when the youngest keeps waking me up and I’m in a constant state of exhaustion is going to be a trial. But, part of the point of this blog is to get me in a rhythm that is consistent so I shall endevour to keep trying.

Tried the first recipe from the skinny crockpot cookbook - it was OK, nothing spectacular and a little too wet but all of these things are fixable. A little onion in with the red pepper next time and maybe a dash or three of tobasco. Basically - it just needed some bolder flavor. But - for under 300 calories per serving, I’ll take it.

Food wise, I did pretty good this weekend. With the exception of Saturday (and too many little sweets when we went to visit my grandfather), I was under the count every day. I didn’t get much in the way of exercise but I was pretty tired too. Tonight, I’m not going to get any done either as my youngest isn’t feeling good and may not be going to school tomorrow.

Today was also a good food day - we went out for breakfast but I was still stuffed at lunch so ended up skipping that, then I had my quiche, and then because I was so far under, I made lemon bars and they are OH SO YUMMY.

I’m hoping to get back on track with exercise tomorrow - so long as the little one is feeling OK. It’s hard to exercise when you’ve got a wee little one who is clingy when he’s not feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment