Friday, January 13, 2012

Day Thirteen - Snow Day

Well, it probably should have been anyway, it’s so cold, blustery, and snowy. Food wise, I’m coming in under the count but barely and even then is only because I probably forgot to add something in and I’m not doing my usual friday night cheat. Usually, Friday is my big cheat day - there is nothing better than curling up with popcorn and something sinful to watch Supernatural with.

I am making pizza for dinner because I’m craving it - I have been since the “pizza” in the hospital. I don’t remember even tasting that stuff. Of course, I was eating and listening to the doctor and social worker at the same time so I suppose it’s probably to be expected for eating to be merely mechanical rather than hold any kind of enjoyment. It’s just really weird for me. I LOVE food.

Monday, I’m trying out one of my new crockpot recipes. Technically it’s supposed to be a breakfast dish but I’m going to make it for dinner - it’s a crockpot spinach quiche thing and looks so very very good. Another day next week, I’ll be trying out the morocan lamb recipe - mostly because I have a leg of lamb that needs cooking. Plus, it looked pretty good too.

My grandfather is home and I’m hoping, if the weather cooperates, to take the kids to see him tomorrow.

On a side note: a friend of mine posted something to facebook on a Plus sized Model talking about our 'standards of beauty' and I got to thinking that maybe I should be a little more clear in my goals. Though you can't tell from the picture, that goal dress I posted is a size 12. I want to be healthy, not the kind of girl that looks as though the breath of wind might knock me over. I don't want to look like a runway model - most of them strike me as androgynous anyway. I like my hips and my breasts and my scars and yes, even my stretch marks. I don't like the flab, the paunch, the feeling like I can't keep up or do the things I love to do. Everything I want to fix is well within reasonable limits. I have seen me at a size 6. It's not pretty either - and it's underweight for my frame. I'm looking for healthy, not Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment